During the spring of 2015, an engineering team from Infrastruct AMS Limited working with a large contracting firm carried out concrete testing and material investigations on a reinforced concrete deepwater structure to determine the following:
1. Location and layout of reinforcement in the structural beams supporting the deck slab;
2. The reinforcement properties to enable a comprehensive structural assessment to be carried out;
3. The condition of the embedded reinforcement to assess the severity of corrosion;
4. Compressive strength of the concrete by removing cores from the structure;
5. Determine the ingress of aggressive chloride ions in the concrete.
6. The results of the testing and investigation works were compiled and a detailed report issued on the findings.