In August, Ethan Mannion and Dr Shahnur Alam Sourav joined Infrastruct to work on structural testing and investigation projects in Ireland and the UK.
Ethan is a Mechanical Engineer with experience in both the manufacturing and construction industries.
Since joining Infrastruct, Ethan and Shahnur have been involved in structural investigations in multi-storey buildings, moisture monitoring in both new and existing buildings, non-destructive testing to determine floor slab depth and integrity in open tanks and a Special Inspection of a 72 year old concrete bridge.
These projects involved many types of tests including:
- Covermeter and GPR scanning of different types of structural elements
- Half-Cell Potential and Resistivity mapping on structural elements
- Relative humidity mapping in floor slabs
- Pulse Echo mapping of a bridge deck to determine the in-situ depth of the deck
- Ultrasonic Pulse Velocity (UPV) testing on structural elements (SonReb Analysis)
- Rebound Hammer testing on structural elements
- Sampling and testing for carbonation depth and chloride ion concentration of concrete
- BRE Screed testing on repairs floors
- Anchor testing
- Defects mapping